Contact Skywings Today!

Call us today to book your place in next Private pilot ground school! 1-800-315-8097!


International Students


  • The minimum age requirement for the Student Pilot Permit is 14 years old, while the minimum age for the Private Pilot License is 17 years old.
  • You must also pass the required medical exam, performed by a Transport Canada designated examiner.
  • You must also be able to read, speak, and understand the English language.

**Please note to convert your license in India, you will need HSC

**All application fees are non-refundable



Time Span

Professional Pilot’s Course:
PPL through CPL, with Multi-Engine IFR

Private Pilot License: 2 months  
Dual 30 hr
Solo 15 hr
Simulator 3 hr
Briefing 5 hr
Ground School 40 hr
Commercial Pilot License: 6 months  
Dual  35 hr
Solo  100 hr
Simulator  10 hr
Briefing 5 hr
Ground School  80 hr



Multi-Engine Rating: 2 weeks  
Dual 10hr  
Solo 2hr  
Briefing 3hr  




Multi Engine Instrument Rating (MIFR) : 6 weeks  
Dual 15 hr
Solo 20 hr
Ground School 40 hr


How to Apply



International students

If you are a student from outside Canada, you may be eligible for AHCIP coverage.

Students under 18 years of age must be added to the AHCIP account of a custodian.

Students who have a 12-month study permit (valid for an Alberta educational institute) and who will reside in Alberta for 12 months or more are eligible for AHCIP coverage and should apply.

Students with study permits valid for more than 3 months, but less than 12 months, may be eligible for AHCIP coverage if their application is accompanied by a letter from the student confirming their intent to reside in Alberta for at least 12 months.

Learn how to apply for AHCIP coverage.


Connect with the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan office.



The following is a description of residences for Sky Wings Aviation Professional Pilot students.

  • 7 units available on a first come first served basis.
  • $400.00 per month (includes utilities) + $400.00 damage deposit.

Each unit has the following:

  • Kitchenette with microwave and fridge
  • Full bathroom

Within walking distance are a convenience store and a recreational facility.

  • The Town of Penhold is a short 5-minute drive from the airport, and the City of Red Deer is a 10-minute drive.
  • It is recommended that reservations be made at least three months in advance due to limited availability.
  • However, Living off campus will be substantially more expensive. Average expenses for living off campus range between $600 - $1000 (Canadian) per month for food and housing. Costs vary depending on choice of residence.
  • Transportation (buses & schedules)

Application Process


Step : 1

Complete the Admission form and pay the application fees

There are four ways to apply to Sky Wings Aviation:

1. Telephone:  Toll Free(Canada and US only) : 1-800-315-8097

    Sky Wings Aviation Red Deer :+1-403-886-5191 ; +1-403-886-5192

    Sky Wings Aviation High River  :+1-403-938-5252 ; +1-403-938-5253

2. Fax us Admission Forms:  +1-403-886-4279

3. Email us Admission Forms at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

       International Students - Admission Form.pdf

4. Online Application - International Students

Step: 2

A response to your application will be sent to you within 2 weeks from Sky Wings.

Step: 3

After receipt of your Admission Letter, apply for a Student VISA through the Canadian Embassy in your country.

Step: 4

Fly to Canada and pursue your career as a professional pilot!!




Start your education today - Skywings application process

Join the Skywings Aviation Team - Skywings Careers